Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 3: Stepping Back - Stewards of God's Creation

This is Day 3 in my Daily Walk Journey. I'm following along with Your Daily Walk, by Bruce H. Wilkinson. Today, we took a break from our reading in Genesis to focus on an overview of Creation.

Thanks to http://www.examiner.com/biblical-studies-in-tampa-bay/ for this photo

My biggest discovery was that Jesus, the Son of God, was the agent in Creation. I had not realized this before. Here are some verses that support this claim.

Colossians 1:15-16 "The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things have been created through him and for him."

John 1:1-3 "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made."

Hebrews 1:2 "but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe."

My understanding of these verses: Jesus is the agent of Creation, Creator of all things visible and invisible (Colossians 1:15-16). Nothing has come into being without the Son of God (John 1:1-3). Through Jesus, God made the world (Hebrews 1:2).

Step Back:
What does it mean to me that God Himself fashioned the natural elements of the world that I see, and the supernatural elements that I cannot see - for Himself?
God created a very intricate world, full of complex creatures. Then He created man to inhabit the earth and care for His creation.

Look Up:
Isaiah 45:18 "For this is what the LORD says— he who created the heavens, he is God; he who fashioned and made the earth, he founded it; he did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited—he says: 'I am the LORD, and there is no other.' "

God is all-creative and all-powerful!
 "Just as a book requires an author, Creation requires a God!" (Your Daily Walk, page 3)

Move Ahead:
God created this world "not in vain," but "to be inhabited."

How responsibly am I caring for this world? What actions am I taking as a Steward of God's Creation?
We recycle and take public transportation more often than we drive.

Why?
God's creation deserves special care!

Disclaimer: These are just my thoughts and insights from my own time studying the Bible. I am not trying to teach, instruct, or push my thoughts on others. Please feel free to share your own thoughts and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment