Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 8: Genesis 18-20

This is Day 8 in my Daily Walk Journey. I'm following along with Your Daily Walk, by Bruce H. Wilkinson. Today's reading was about The Destruction of Sodom.

Genesis 18: "Abraham Prays for Lot" (Lot Saved from Defilement)
Genesis 19: "God Destroys Sodom and Gomorrah" (Lot Saved from Defilement)
Genesis 20: "Abraham Lies about Sarah" (Sarah Saved from Defilement)
     
The heart of today's passage lies in Genesis 18.


Thanks to http://www.canvasreplicas.com/Tanner.htm for this image.


Overview:
Lot's life of compromise contrasts with Abraham's life of faith. God spares Lot when destroying his town because of Abraham's fervent prayers. Yet, even Abraham sometimes stumbles, when he lies and calls Sarah his sister to protect himself from harm. He believed that the men would want to take Sarah and would harm him to take her. But Abraham did not need to act on his own. God was already protecting him.


Daily Walk:
What is the most difficult miracle God could ever perform? List some ideas.
  • Curing all disease
  • World peace
  • Raise someone from the dead
  • Fix broken relationships
  • Take away fear
  • Erase hate
How do these miracles compare with God giving Abraham and Sarah a son in their old age?
  • They are very similar. What God did was physically impossible, yet it happened. Strangely, everything I listed as difficult miracles exists in heaven. What a wonderful place!
If you could ask God for one miracle today, what would it be?
  • To find fulfillment and contentment in my career, marriage, and my entire life.
Genesis 18:14 
"Is anything too difficult for the Lord?"

Your response:
What do you think? What would be the most difficult miracle God could ever perform? If you could ask God personally for one miracle today, what would you ask Him for?

Let me know what you think! I'd love to hear.

Disclaimer: These are just my thoughts and insights from my own time studying the Bible. I hope to encourage others to spend time reading the Bible every day. I am not trying to teach, instruct, or push my thoughts on others. Please feel free to share your own thoughts and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment