Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 6: Genesis 12-14

This is Day 6 in my Daily Walk Journey. I'm following along with Your Daily Walk, by Bruce H. Wilkinson. Today's reading was about The Call and Travels of Abram.

Genesis 12: "The Call of Abram in Ur, Travels of Abram in Canaan"
Genesis 13-14: "Troubles of Abram with Lot"

The heart of today's passage lies in Genesis 12:1-9 and Genesis 13:14-18.
Thanks to http://www.dodsonlumber.com/acts242/?p=295 for this photo

Overview:
God calls Abram to leave his home in Ur and travel to a distant land.
Mission: Complete faith in God to keep His promises.
Reward: Great name, great nation, great blessings, numerous descendants.

Daily Walk:
How much room in my life have I allowed God to redirect my steps?
  • Trusted God to lead me to marry the right person
  • Trusted God in the move to Chicago
  • Trusted God in the move to San Francisco
What do I need to trust God with right now?
  • Guide me to find the right career choice
  • Help strengthen and improve my marriage
  • Take care of us financially if we ever need to leave SF
  • Help my husband handle the stress of his job
My prayer today:
Dear God,
I am willing to listen and follow your guidance. Please show me your plan for me and my family. Help me to see what steps I need to take in the journey you have planned for me. Please give us the wisdom and strength to make the right decisions in our lives so that we may follow you and live up to our full potential.
Amen

Disclaimer: These are just my thoughts and insights from my own time studying the Bible. I hope to encourage others to spend time reading the Bible every day. I am not trying to teach, instruct, or push my thoughts on others. Please feel free to share your own thoughts and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment